Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Coney has it!

My niece Taylor is a very talented singer and dancer, and this summer she got a job performing at Coney Island. All summer I have wanted to get over there and see her, but was overwhelmed at the idea of taking all 5 kiddos. This past Sunday, her Mom, my SIL Laura, called and offered to go along with us with her husband and other children. There is safety in numbers, so I figured this was going to be my best chance and jumped at her offer. Being last minute and somewhat rushed, there were some glitches (no formula for the babies...), but overall it was a wonderful day. The weather was perfect. Warm enough, but still comfortable. Not quite overcast, but not too sunny. We had a great time!!
I was afraid of being "that aunt", so I didn't take too many pictures of her performing, and then none came out! This is the best one I have. She is the blonde-- not a great picture, but she did a wonderful job. I am so proud of her!


Here is the whole crew. Rodney, Will, me, Daniel, Laura, Taylor, Ana, Ed and the babies. Unfortunately, Daniel's twin brother Evan wasn't feeling well and didn't come with us.

Taylor and the Lachmanns

Will loved the rides. He rode the airplanes with Ana.

The rockets by himself.

But his favorite was the canoe with Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment