Monday, July 13, 2009

My little fish!

Okay. I haven't done well with keeping up with this lately. I think that my problem has been that I was trying to write after the babies were in bed. By that time, I just want to sit down for a little bit, get some things straightened up, maybe even spend a little time with the hubby then go to sleep. I'm trying nap time. I think the odds of writing something are a little better this way. We'll see...

So, today was Will's first swim lesson. Technically, the kids are supposed to be 4 to start lessons. Will doesn't turn 4 until August 8, but there are no more lessons offered after then. The instructor made an exception for Will so that he wouldn't have to wait until next summer to start. He was so cute!! He has been excited about these swim lessons since I signed him up a few weeks ago. The lessons are at my and my husband's old high school, Scott High. He thought he was super cool going to Mommy and Daddy's high school. Today was really just an assessment to see where he was. If you had asked me last night, I could have pretty accurately predicted how today would go. Will has always been strong and athletic. I knew that he would have no trouble with the swimming part. Will's issue is more about focus. Tyler was the young man's name who took Will into the water to see how he'll do. Will was great! He got right into the water with Tyler, put his face in and blew bubbles, he even went under water quickly with him. Mommy was so proud!! Then Tyler showed Will how to kick his feet and stroke his arms. He supported Will while he crossed the pool a few times "freestyle." The entire time, Will's head was straight up and his mouth was going a mile a minute. "What is that? What does it do? My Daddy went to school here. Do you go to school here? Why do you go to school here? What is that sound?..." You get the idea. If we can get Will to actually focus on the lesson, he could learn a lot and be a decent swimmer at the end of the 2 week session. I'm not banking on it, but I think he's going to have a lot of fun!





Tyler helped Will get used to the water

Tyler shows him freestyle


And off they went!

No comments:

Post a Comment