Monday, February 8, 2010

Beautiful Blogger Award

I have been given the Beautiful Blogger Award by Kandi at Twin-Spiration.

http://twin-spiration.com/

You should definitely go check out her blog. She is funny and down to earth. Also, she has adorable identical twin girls!

I am extremely grateful, but fear I may not have been a good choice. I started blogging fairly recently and really enjoy getting thoughts and pictures together and sharing them with others. I have recently found some other blogs that I really enjoy checking out. I have "met" some wonderful women, other MoMs who can appreciate what my life is like.


That being said, I am computer ignorant. Seriously, my husband is amazed that I have figured out the bit I have about the blogger program. Already, I have been completely unable to get the award onto my page. I would like to think I have some computer skills, but I am consistently reminded-- not so much. So I will do my best here, but seriously-- I'm not working with much!

Okay, so here are the rules:
1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award and insert a link to their blog.
Thank you so much Kandi! It is very exciting to get my first blog award! Really- everyone should go check out her blog. You won't be sorry!

2. Pass on the award to about 15 other bloggers who you recently discovered and think are great!
15?!?!?!?! Let's remember, I'm in the remedial computer class. I think I'll just pick my 5 favorite blogs I've found recently.


3. Contact the other bloggers and let them know they have been chosen for this award.


4. Say 7 things about yourself.



7 things about me

1. I am the 5th of eight children. I have 2 older sisters, 2 older brothers and 3 younger sisters. All singletons. I love big families. I never thought I would have a big family of my own.

2. I met my husband when I was in the 8th grade and he was a freshman in high school. We did not begin to date until we were in college. We have been married for 9 years.

3. My guilty pleasure (which I have not indulged in forever) is a lazy day of junk tv. You know, the shows on E! and VH1. I can waste an entire afternoon sitting on the couch watching that junk. I really miss it.

4. I am a picky eater and wish I wasn't. Therefore, my children must eat everything. I try my best to expose them to all types of food (although sometimes me stomach turns while I feed it to them.) So far all 5 are really good eaters and will eat pretty much whatever is put in front of them. I hope this continues.

5. I worry obsessively. This is not a good trait for a mother of 5 small children. Especially now that the babies are climbing everything. The only upside is I have already planned out emergencies. I know who to call at what time of day to come stay with the other children while I rush the victim to the hospital. Yes, I said victim. I may also be slightly dramatic in my worries.

6. It has been a very difficult transition for me going from Working Mom to SAHM. However, I was venting to my husband one day and he said if I was unhappy we could look into nannies and I should go back to work. I was very surprised that I immediately said No. It is tough some days, but I love being the one to cheer my kids on and catch them when they fall and kiss their boo-boo's. It's a challenge, but aren't most good things in life?

7. I still harbor a not-so-secret desire for another child. I love being pregnant- even my quad pregnancy wasn't too bad. The only thing that made it high-risk was having four. I never had any other complications. I can't get pregnant, but I can stay pregnant. I love newborns. There is simply nothing else like a tiny helpless bundle of sweetness. Don't get me wrong, my kids are actually getting more and more fun as they get older and do more things, but I still ache a bit for a precious little baby to be in my arms.

Well, there we go. Now the important stuff- passing this on to other bloggers I've recently found

The Mott Multiples
Life with Quads
Trippin-Life with Triplets
Friesen Funny Farm
4 Times the Fun
Make sure you stop by to visit these blogs. They are all wonderful blogs by fellow Mothers of Multiples.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the Award! That was very sweet! Now if I can figure out how this works too, we'll be doing great!lol I loved your last couple of posts and we'll see if I spill the beans re: a secret here as well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, let me try this again! Thanks for the award. I'll try to do my part tomorrow.

    I loved your 7 things. I also am one of 8. I'm the youngest, but I have a twin sister (4 minutes older than me). Four brothers and three sisters.

    My husband and I met at 15. Our first date was junior prom. We've been married for almost 16 years now!

    Better stop there, so I have some things to share in my list of seven, but I enjoyed the similarities.

    ReplyDelete