Monday, March 15, 2010

Miss Stella

A couple of of years after my husband and I got married, we bought our first house. No sooner had we closed, then my husband started talking about getting a dog. He had dogs his entire childhood and was eager for us to have one together. I was not quite as excited about this. I had no problem with dogs, but felt no need to have a furry, needy creature in our new home. I knew how much Rod wanted a dog, so I decided that for Christmas, I would adopt one for him from a local pound. I looked around at several different pounds before I found our little girl. She was an 8 week old puppy who was found abandoned. She is a Boxer/Labrador mix. At the time she was only 15 lbs. She was the cutest thing I had ever seen and quickly warmed up to me. I knew she was the one.

Well, that was 7 1/2 years ago. Our little puppy has grown into a 5o lb bag of love. She completely believes she is a person just like us. She has very mixed emotions about the kids. Sometimes they play rough with her and drive her crazy, but she loves them very much. We have learned that if we take her to the dog park, we can not take the kids. She will not play. She will stay by them the whole time making sure no other dog touches her babies.

Miss Stella looking regal as usual.


Will and Stella cuddled on her dog bed.

looking down the stairs...


giving Julia kisses

getting some loving from Paige

Oh, the humiliation she suffers!


getting ridden by Izzie
This next picture is funny. I had the quads playing in the family room and ran outside to get Will on the bus. I was maybe gone for a total of 3 minutes. I come back to find...






Paige wearing Stella's collar!

No idea how she got it off of Stella, but as always, Stella was forgiving...






She even gave Paige a kiss to show there were no hard feelings.


This is one of my favorite picture of Stella. This is Will right around age 2 cuddled up with his buddy. The combination of Will all sweet in his jammies and binkie and Miss Stella letting him lay all over her melts my heart. My first two babies!

Miss Stella, you are the best doggie we could ever hope for! We love you and are so glad you put up with us. And you've put up with a lot!! I'm grateful that my children get to grow up learning to love animals from such a sweet and loving animal.


1 comment:

  1. Stella... she looks as my dog Robby . I am not good to tell my feelings in Englisch .( i am from the netherlands ) Robby had a white place under his mouth , just as Stella . he was a mix from Labrador with ??? we dont know . I know the hurts , the missing , the memories in the whole house . I had 3 dogs , now i am 64 , i love to have again a doggy , but the feeling That he will died one day is to strong ... it hurt so much ....

    ReplyDelete