Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Will this Day End... Please?

Oh My Goodness! I have had one of those days. One of those days that seriously makes you struggle to remember why you want to stay home with your children. First, let me give you a couple pieces of background to help you fully understand my stress. My husband was taking employees out to dinner after work tonight. He would not be getting home until all of the kids were in bed. Somedays, I so look forward to him getting home. Just the knowledge that he is not going to show up to relieve me makes the day feel longer. Also, all four of the babies have colds. Nothing too awful, just runny noses and a bit of a cough. Still, enough to make the day longer with nose wipes.

Given these facts, our morning went pretty smoothly. No real hiccups. Then Will got home from preschool. He wanted to go out back while I fed the babies their lunch. I was fine with that. He came back in after 10 or 15 minutes and said, "Mom, I stepped in a mud puddle and my pants got really dirty."
I told him that was okay, just go take them off in the laundry room. He replied, "They're already off. They're out back in the puddle." I looked and sure enough, my little boy was standing there in his underwear. I had to go out and get his pants and his shoe which had also been left behind. My messy little nudist strikes again!

Once the babies finished lunch, I took them up for their naps. I came back downstairs to play with Will. He has gotten in a bad habit of waiting until the very last minute to go potty if he is having fun. Sure enough, I could see him squirming, so I asked him if he had to go. He said yes and ran for the bathroom. I heard him call, "Mommy, I accidentally got some on the toilet seat!" I told him that was fine, to finish and then I would help him clean up. He yelled that he was finished and I went in to find my son standing in a puddle of pee. He had never even opened the toilet lid!! He just stood there peeing all over the toilet lid and letting it run down onto the floor!! I was ready to kill him. Instead, I sent him up to his room. I then got the pleasure of scrubbing the floor and toilet. Good times.

While I was still cleaning the bathroom, I heard a commotion coming from the babies' room. I knew they were safely in their cribs, so I finished cleaning before I went up to check on them. I walked in and was horrified. Julia and Izzie were completely naked. Fortunately, Izzie's diaper had only been wet. Not so lucky with Julia. When I came in, Julia was spreading poop across her crib while Izzie jumped up and down clapping and yelling, "Yay! Yay! Yay!" I had to step out of the room, take a deep breath and count to ten before I went back in.

After getting each of the quads bathed and in clean clothes, I went back upstairs to strip the nasty bedding. While I was upstairs, I heard the dreaded thud and scream. I ran downstairs and found Paige screaming. From what I can piece together, she was climbing into their toy shopping cart and it tipped. She is going to wake up tomorrow with a nice goose egg on her forehead.

We managed to make it through the dinner and jammie time without incident. Got the quads down. Got Will down. Day finished, right? Nope, Julia woke up a little bit ago. Fever of 101 under her arm. Gave her some Motrin and cuddling and she is back in bed. I really, really, really hope everyone sleeps until morning.

I am done with this day!

5 comments:

  1. oh what a day indeed! hope you got some sleep and have a better day today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness those days don't come around too often. Hope today has been better for you. ((hug))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read this outloud to my older kids and they agreed..."That was a really bad day"! So, sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Beth,
    I'm too lazy tonight to read back thru all of your old posts...working on it...and am wondering if you posted anything for expecting Mom's of Multiples as far as what they need or what to expect. I'm looking for posts to add to a list for Triplet Moms. Who better to ask than one with Quads?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

    ReplyDelete