Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day!!!!!

I have a confession to make. Thirteen and a half years ago, I began dating and quickly fell in love with Rod. At the time, we were both young and crazy. I gave very little thought to him as a Father. As time went by, we continued dating, got engaged and ended up getting married. I quickly knew that not only did I want to become a Mother, but I wanted Rod to be a Father. I could see what a great Daddy he would be and knew that we were meant to have a family together. Well, five kids later, he has proved me 100% correct. He main role in our family is Mr. Fun-Guy! If the kids are looking for someone to wrestle with or be silly, they know Daddy is just the man for the job. At the same time, he expects our children to be polite and well-behaved and enforces his high standards. My children and I are so lucky to have him.

Helping out in the delivery room


The Lachmann Men in the NICU

Daddy saying 'hello' to the babies when he arrived after work

Daddy is chief bather and does an excellent job!

Daddy is still pretty crazy
(mattress surfing down the stairs on an old crib mattress)


Posing with our first baby, Miss Stella


swimming with Big Boy Drew


with Will


playing in the grass with Julia

with Will on the first day of pre-school


he is head pancake chef




Silly Uncle Rod with Alex

building an awesome snow fort with Will


reading to Julia



swinging with Izzie and Paige



playing in the sprinkler with the kids


Doughnuts with Dad with Will

Through his example, Rod shows our sons how to be a man and our daughters the qualities to look for in a man. I am so fortunate to have such a wonderful Father in my husband!!

No comments:

Post a Comment