Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I Love My Life!

In yesterday's post about my birthday, I forgot to mention my favorite part of the whole day. We had a little dance party in the living room. We turned on the Ipod and the babies started boogieing. We had a great time and I managed to catch a couple moments on video. The great part of being an adult, I make the rules. No, we don't usually let the kids climb all over the furniture like they are, but we were having fun and I just let it go.

Almost five years ago, right after I had my first son, I first heard this song. I don't really listen to much country music and honestly had never heard of Jamie O'Neal, but this song just really fit how I felt right then. It has since become my "happy song." It always reminds me how good my life is and how blessed I am. Shortly after having the quads, I listened to it and was struck by the line, "More than I ever dreamed." You ain't kidding Jamie!

If I had any technical ability or if my husband was home to help me, I would somehow link the song to the post. Unfortunately, I don't and he isn't, so instead, I'll just write out the lyrics.

I Love My Life
by, Jamie O'Neal

Her little blond hair's blowing
She's swinging while her Daddy's mowing the grass
And the dog needs a bath but he's chasing the cat up a tree.

I'm looking out the window
Happy just watching my world go 'round
and I think to myself, "How lucky can a girl be?"

I've got everything
More than I ever dreamed
I love my life
Thank God for all I have
And that I love this man who loves his wife
I love my life

Twenty kisses goodnight
Turn the little butterfly nightlight on
Til the monster is gone and she's finally fallen asleep

Then we tiptoe downstairs
Cuddle up and we kiss in the big chair
And I smile and you whisper, "now it's just you and me!"

I've got everything
More than I ever dreamed
I love my life
Thank God for all I have
And that I love this man who loves his wife
I love my life

Blue and pink in the nursery
Gold and silver anniversaries
Dancing in the living room
Our little girl and me and you

I've got everything
More than I ever dreamed
I love my life
Thank God for all I have
And that I love this man who loves his wife
I love my life!!
video

No comments:

Post a Comment