Friday, July 16, 2010

Uh-Oh! They Have a Look-Out!!

I know that all Mothers think that their children are special. Mine really are, though! Seriously, they are very smart and clever. While I am incredibly proud of them, this makes it difficult to stay a step ahead. Rod and I always joke that if we have another child, we want that child to be simple (and short-- tall kids reach things you don't want them to reach sooner).

Anyway, once again they have learned a new lesson. This evening we were finishing baths and getting everyone ready for bed. I was getting Drew dried and dressed in the front room. I finished and went back to the family room where the other quads were gated in. Paige had turned over the bucket we use to store their blocks. She was standing on it and opening and closing the dead bolt on the back door. Julia was standing on the floor at her feet watching the doorway. When she saw me she starting hitting Paige's legs yelling, "Paigey! Paigey!"

They have figured out that they can work together. Someone can commit the crime, while someone keeps an eye out for Mommy or Daddy. They still need to work on perfecting their system, but the idea has been hatched. I'm telling you, Evil Geniuses!!
Paige-- Julia had taken off by this point.
She knew not to stick around the scene of the crime!

2 comments:

  1. Omigosh, your kids are just 3 months older than mine ... is this really coming so soon?? I figured we had at least until age 3!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is hysterical! I read this a few days ago, and I've been meaning to stop back by with a comment...and then I just saw your "Solidarity" post. I'm thinking you're outnumbered! HA!

    ReplyDelete