Sunday, August 15, 2010

Our Newest Addition

For weeks before Will's birthday, people would ask him what he wanted. He always answered with, "A frog, a turtle and a dolphin we can ride."

Well, I am just a bit creeped out by frogs (hence Herbert Menninger's brief stay with us.) And while I liked the idea of riding a dolphin, there were logistical problems we simply couldn't overcome. Therefore, we loaded up the crew today and went shopping for turtle supplies. After spending an insane amount of money (I will spare you the shock of an exact number), we came home with a fabulous new friend for Will.

When I asked Will what he planned to name him he had an immediate reply, "Will Jr."

But, of course.

Little Will Jr.
Will Sr. with Will Jr.

My sweet little guy is very sensitive. He said we would need to be extra nice to Stella (our dog) for a little while so she wouldn't be jealous over having a new pet in the house. I sometimes worry about how hard it can be being an older brother to quadruplets. Will never fails to remind me that he is learning some very valuable lessons and becoming more sensitive because of his unusual role. I'm so proud of my little man.

1 comment:

  1. That's the sweetest thing I've ever heard! Sounds like his parents are doing a good job raising him. :)

    ReplyDelete