Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A Very Merry Christmas

Well, I must have been a very good girl this year and made it on to the "nice list", because my Christmas wish came true!! Everyone was healthy by Christmas! Thursday morning Izzie woke up fever free. I was nervous that it would return, but she has remained fever free ever since! We began decreasing Drew's breathing treatments. He had one Sunday morning, but hasn't had any since-- Yay! Paige's second antibiotic seems to have done the job. Everyone is healthy!! It's a Christmas miracle!!

Friday evening we went to dinner at Aunt Connie and Uncle Mark's. We had a great time. The kids ate tons and were really good the whole evening. Unfortunately I forgot the camera, but we had a great time. It also kept Will busy so the anticipation didn't make him crazy (the quads don't "get it" quite enough for anticipation.) When we got home and put the kids to bed, Santa still had a lot to do! We were up much too late, but managed to get some sleep before Will woke up.

Christmas morning, Will burst into our room begging to go downstairs. I reminded him that we needed to wake the babies first. The poor quads had no idea what was going on when Will ran into their room jumping up and down and yelling. We got everyone out of bed. Rod went down first to check and yelled up the stairs that Santa really did come!!

the kids ready to come downstairs.
The quads trying to figure out what's going on
and Will trying to contain himself.

Santa came! He really came!
(we never got our outdoor lights up,
but Will really wanted the reindeer out
so they joined us by the tree)


Drew opening a gift and realizing that this is fun!


Izzie is all decked out in her new slippers and purse,
still using her binkie and dragging around her blankie.




Paige pushing her new stroller from Aunt Connie


Drew rearranging his Veggietales nativity set


The kids got a new castle!!
They love it!!


Paige checks out the slide



"The Sisterhood" holds a meeting inside the castle.


An updated picture of my parents and their 13 grandchildren.
Kate (2), Izzie (2), Paige (2), Julia (2), Nora (2wks), Ellie (2mos), Drew (2), Malcolm (1), Alex (5)
Huck (4), Gus (10), Max (8), Will (5)
My sister Karen had her second child just two weeks before Christmas. A little girl named Nora! She was born immediately before the plague descended on my house, so I hadn't gotten to meet her until Christmas day. She is absolutely beautiful!! She has a ton of dark hair. She was only 6lb 14oz at birth, so she is just a teeny little peanut. Love her!


The next day we went to my inlaws to celebrate Christmas with my husband's family. The last two nights in a row, the kids had been up late and this was going to be the second day in a row of no naps for the quads. I was very worried. I was certain that there would be melt-downs. I am so happy to say that I was pleasantly surprised. Everyone behaved and had fun. I somehow forgot to take my camera out much, so I only have one picture of the entire day, but it was such a great ending to a wonderful weekend!

The kids got a new tea set and a tea cart.
This was a huge hit!
We are working on taking turns, but they love to push the cart around.

I am so grateful that everyone was healthy enough to enjoy such a great Christmas weekend. Most of all, I am thankful that we have such wonderful family with whom to share the holidays. We are so blessed in so many ways!!

4 comments:

  1. It all looks so fun! All those babies! Your parents must be super thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful Christmas! So glad you were all feeling well. I've been having all kinds of weird health problems but on Christmas day I felt completely normal, except for my splitting headache, but for me that's normal! I was so happy! And especially happy for you to have healthy kids!

    Love the castle! Can't imagine why you didn't have a chance to run around with a camera the whole time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a ball.....so glad everyone was feeling better by Christmas day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a ton of fun! Love the sisterhood! Glad everyone was well!

    ReplyDelete