Sunday, January 9, 2011

You Never Know What These Kids Will Say Next...

The Question of the Week over at Multiples and More is about the cute things kids say. It seems like everyday at least one of my kids says something that makes me laugh out loud. I never know what they will say next. Here are some of my recent favorites...

This was actually a little while ago, but my sister-in-law brought over some costumes her kids had outgrown. Will was very excited to find a Batman (I guess...) costume. He ran around in this for a few days trying to make the quads his sidekicks. Drew was the only one who stuck around for long. Anyway, while we were waiting for the bus one day Will told me to watch for the Bat-signal while he was at school. If I saw one far away, I was to drive him there in the car. If I saw one close by, he would ride his bike there. If I didn't see one, I was to say, "Nothing to report, sir." He even made me practice my line before he got on the bus. I have no idea where he comes up with these!
Batman Will and his sidekick Super Drew

My husband has a formal event coming up for work, so I had to go dress shopping. I took Izzie with me for some one-on-one time. I was carrying her around on my hip and she was craning her neck and looking up at me kind of funny. I asked her what she was doing and she answered in her big loud voice, "I'm looking for any boogies in your nose Mommy!" Yeah, I was more than a little horrified. She made up for it just a few minutes later though. I was trying to decide between two dresses. I took them into the dressing room. When I slipped the second one on, she said, "Mommy, you look like a princess!" Well, that made up my mind. I didn't think that I would get a much better compliment than that!

Drew speaks the least out of the quads, but what he does say is simply adorable! Before Christmas he learned that Santa says, "Ho! Ho! Ho! Merry Christmas!" He loves to say that to people. Anyone. Our neighbors, the man we pass in the grocery store. It has become his standard greeting. The funniest part is that he is still saying this. Just last night I took him out to run some errands with me and he wished everyone we passed a , "Merry Christmas!"

The "Merry Christmas" is really cute, but it's not my favorite thing to hear Drew say. I have an old cell phone of mine that I let the kids play with. It has become a favorite toy of theirs. Whenever Drew gets a turn with it, he always has the same conversation. He holds the phone up to his ear and says, "Hello, Mommy? I love you! Okay, bye-bye!" Melts my heart!

Seriously, those eyes and the sweet talk...
He knows the way to my heart!

2 comments:

  1. You have been awarded the Stylish Blogger award!!
    http://lifewithtwinsandmultiples.blogspot.com/2011/01/thanks-for-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Those are all too funny....especially Izzie looking up your nose and announcing it to the whole store. When mine were little one time when we were in Wal-mart they had a display of a wedding cake made with towels and Addison asked (also very loudly) 'When are you and Daddy gonna' get married?' I know other people have kids without being married all the time, but that's just not the way I am. She also told me once that I 'should by that big thorny stick to beat us with.' I used to always wonder if Child Protective Services was gonna' show up at my house. LOL

    ReplyDelete