Sunday, March 6, 2011

Julia's Gems

Little Miss Julia has spoken very well for quite a while now. She speaks clearly, has an excellent vocabulary and definitely speaks her mind. This week she has come up with some really good ones (including her fairy tails comment earlier.)



-- One day I was wearing a t-shirt with a heart on it. She said, "You have a heart on your shirt. It is because Daddy loves you!" I thought it was adorable and told her she was right. When Rod go home that night, I asked her, "What is on Mommy's shirt?" wanting him to hear what she had said earlier. She looked at my shirt and said, "Um, applesauce?" Okay, she was right, I had spilled some applesauce on my shirt. Still, it didn't need to be pointed out! Not the cute moment I was hoping for.


-- While playing the other day there was a minor collision (nothing major, just Julia and Paige bumping into each other. Happens all the time around here.) Julia burst into tears and yelled, "Paigey bopped me onto my booty!" Not sure how she learned that word, but it cracked me up.



-- The other evening when Rod came home from work everyone yelled, "Daddy!" like they usually do, but sweet Julia says, "Daddy, you look so handsome!" He did look handsome (of course) but I'm not sure what drew the comment. He was wearing the new shirt we bought him for his birthday. Maybe that was it? Anyway, it certainly put a smile on Rod's face!


-- This afternoon we went to my nephew's second birthday party. Before bed tonight, I asked the crew if they had fun at Malcolm's party. Julia replied, "Yeah! I like partying!!" Uh oh! Better keep an eye on that one in her teen years!


I love this age and listening to their language explode. It is so much fun to hear their view on this funny world. I certainly never know what these guys will say next.

6 comments:

  1. This post made me laugh out loud. I love the applesauce comment! My 2 year old constantly has me in fits of laughter. "Out of the mouth of babes"!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I literally laughed out loud when I read the applesauce comment! I love it! Kids say the greatest things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so cute! I think it's definitely one of the best part about little kids. You're going to have to do a lot of writing to remember all 4!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute!!! We see what we get to look forward to in a few more months. The applesauce comment was pretty funny, our kids probably would have pointed that out also. They just love applesauce.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HA! We are just now starting to hear funny stuff from Lucy ... I know that Jude is not far behind. The other two are not as advanced as they are yet. Glad you are writing this stuff down ... I need to be better about it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are such great excerpts! Our girls are really beginning to surprise us with what they say sometimes, too. Occasionally I'll stop whatever we're doing to write something particularly funny down...I know if I don't right then, I'm liable to forget it!

    ReplyDelete