Sunday, April 17, 2011

Best Spring Break Ever!

Since we decided not to go out of town for spring break, we instead enjoyed something of a "stay-cation." We had a great week and never drove more than about an hour. Unfortunately, Rod wasn't able to take the week off, so I was on my own with the crew most of the time. That is my excuse for taking almost no pictures. I already wrote about our weekend stay at the Great Wolf Lodge and here is a quick rundown of the rest of our spring break:

  • We went to Dan and Evan's (the kids' twin cousins) 15th birthday party!

  • We drove down to Lexington to spend a day with aunts and cousins.

  • We spent an afternoon at the Cincinnati Zoo with 2 other sets of quadruplets (and one little sister.) Three Moms and fourteen kids! We tried to get a group shot of the kids, but...

take one...


take two...



  • We spent a day at Totter Otterville, a local play area.


  • We took Will to see Shrek the musical! He loved it! I mean, there are fart jokes- perfect for a 5 yr old boy!


  • We had planned to go to an Easter egg hunt, but it got rained out (or so we thought.) Just after we had put the quads down for their nap, my sister-in-law called and said they had not cancelled it, they just changed it. There was no hunting for eggs. The kids could go and get their pictures taken, then they were given a bag of candy. We didn't want to wake the little ones, so I just took Will. He had a good time. He asked the Easter Bunny for a frog. Ugh...

He was a bit afraid of the Easter Bunny, but wanted to ask for that frog so badly,

he went ahead and braved it!



  • We went to our friend Eva's 3rd birthday party!


  • Rod took Will bowling for the first time. Will loved it!


It was a great week, but very busy and Mommy is tired! I'm ready to slow back down a little bit, but very happy that everyone enjoyed spring break.

5 comments:

  1. Awesome spring break! Too bad Rod wasn't able to take off, he probably hated missing all that fun! I am going to try pics with the Easter bunny for the first time this year.....we will how that goes. Have a great week Beth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you guys have a great week! I love the group pictures of all the kiddos at the zoo. It's hard for me to get a picture of the four of mine together, I can't imagine trying to get that many kiddos to all stand together!
    The picture of Will with the Easter Bunny is great! Good for him for being so brave so he could ask for a frog! But really....a frog? I think I might be a little upset if the Easter Bunny brought my kids a frog.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a good week! And totally understandable that you didn't take pictures! You do have 5 kids to keep up with and all.

    I want to take the big girls bowling too. Been thinking about that lately - how'd that work out? Did you have bumpers?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun spring break. We know what you mean about not being able to take pictures. Sometimes its hard for us to take pictures when we are out if its just the 2 of us and the kids.

    The McCleary Quads

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll admit I'm kinda tired just reading about all those adventures...but it sounds like a blast! My hat is off to you for making the most of that spring break time. Now when is your break?!!! :)

    And a frog??? Like a stuffed frog??? (Given Will's age, I'm kinda afraid to ask! HA!)

    Hope you have a blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete