Monday, April 25, 2011

That Easter Bunny is a Softie!

Like I mentioned in an earlier post, Will wanted a frog for Easter, Really, really wanted a frog. I don't like frogs. I don't like them at all. But I love that my rough and tough little boy has such a tender spot for animals. What can I say? When that sweet little boy begs for an animal and tells me how much he loves it and wants to take care of it and make it part of our family, I melt.

Luckily, we were able to find a compromise. I found these little self-contained frog habitats. This plastic cube is a little froggy paradise. The frogs never come out and we never go in. We don't even take the lid off to feed the little guys (yes, they are both boys so we will not have any baby frogs.) There is a hole in the lid we drop four pellets through two times each week. Will gets to have frogs, but Mommy doesn't have to touch frogs. Everybody wins!



Will named his new little buddies Scooby and Shaggy.



6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I have never heard or seen such a thing! What a wonderful invention! I will put this in the back of my mind if my son ever wants a frog for a pet! You are the BEST Mommy! I love reading all your solutions and compromises to difficult situations! Glad your sweet boy got what he wanted from the Easter beagle! :) Love their names btw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a good mommy! I have to say, those frogs are pretty cool! They are even something I might consider getting for my kiddos. I love the names he picked out for them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurray!! I've owned a lot of dwarf frogs in my fish tanks over the years and they are a lot of fun to watch. Just make sure there is nothing he can climb on to hop out of the tank, because they will do so if given an opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beth, THANK YOU so much for your comment. I take a lot of heat from family about how rigid we are. It is so nice to hear I am not alone! I love reading your blog. You guys are awsome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I do say so, those little guys are cute! :) Glad to hear you found a way [for the Easter bunny] to get Will his frogs. :)

    ReplyDelete