Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Do You See a Resemblance?

So I mentioned that a couple of weeks ago I went out to California with my parents and sisters to see out extended family. While we were out there, my father got a box of mementos from his sister Jane. Their mother died years ago and Jane had finished going through the last of Grandma's things and had a box of things she thought Daddy might want. Included in the box was the picture below. Yes, take it in and enjoy all of that seventies awesomeness! This is my parents and siblings when I was the youngest. As soon as I saw it, I thought that I saw a resemblance to one of the quads. I have shown it to several people since and been met with mixed replies. So I am asking all of you-- Do you think I (the little baby in the middle) look like one of my kids?

The Kluthe Family circa 1978/79

back row: Cathy, Daddy, Mom and Sara

front row: Tom, Me and Joe

For comparison purposes, here are pictures of the quads around the same age.

Julia



Paige


Drew



Izzie




I have never thought that any of my children look very much like me, and I get so excited when people think that they see some resemblance. It is somehow just further confirmation that these kids are mine and came from me! I know that it sounds weird and vain, but I love the idea of one or two of my traits being passed on to the kiddos.

So let me know in the comments, do you think that any of the quads look like me? Which one? If you don't think that any do, that's okay. I can take it.





7 comments:

  1. Ok so I think Julia looks the most like you but Paige also has many features that are yours!! I am sure everone sees something different in each little angel though! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually think they all resemble you, but I think Izzie looks the most like you! So funny Jen said the other girls!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they ALL look like you too! But I'm trying to look closely at the face and I think I'd actually say Drew!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that your picture looks the most like Paige, but not necessarily the picture of Paige that you posted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks more like the pic on the title bar!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that family picture! I honestly see you in all of them. Initially, I thought Paige, then Julia. But, no, all of them look like you.

    I know what you mean about seeing yourself in your children. It never gets old. It still amazes me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm rotten when it comes to resemblences...but I'll take a stab and say Drew. You'll have to let me know what you think. And no matter, I love that family photo...in all its '70's awesomeness, as you said!!!

    Our Baby A has my hubby's coloring, and B has mine. People automatically say A looks like Daddy, and B like Mommy. But some people who know us more closely say the features are the opposite. I don't know myself...but I understand wanting to see a bit of yourself in your kiddos. I'm sure you will more as they get a little older.

    ReplyDelete