Monday, May 9, 2011

The Kids Club

I had planned to blog about something else tonight, but I had to write about this. Today, the weather was really nice, so we played outside all afternoon. I witnessed what is probably my favorite moment with my kids yet. Drew, Izzie and Julia were sitting at a round table under the deck. Will asked, "Hey! Can I join the club?" They scooted over and made room for him. Then he called Paige over and said, "Come sit down and join the Kids Club!"

To start the Kids Club, Will had all of the kids pile their hands in the middle of the table. Then Will said,

"I pledge allegiance to the flag

of the United States of America

and pray that we will be

brothers and sisters, forever. Amen"
Then he had them all throw their hands in the air and yell, "Brothers and Sisters!"




I ran up and grabbed my camera. I casually mentioned that maybe they should end Kids Club the same way. I wish I had thought to switch to video and record it, but at least I got a picture. I want to remember how sweet my kids are and how much they love being brothers and sisters.


7 comments:

  1. WOW!!!!! That is the sweetest thing ever!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, this it the sweetest thing ever! It brought tears to my eyes! That Will of yours is the BEST! I hope my Luke is that sweet! Thanks for sharing! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful moment. It made my heart melt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my that Will!! He is one amazing kid! I'm so lucky to have him as a nephew. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brothers and Sisters! Best club in the world :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is the sweetest thing ever! You will have to show them this post someday when they are all fighting! :)

    ReplyDelete