Friday, August 26, 2011

Medieval Times

A few weeks ago Rod's cousin, Alex, got married. He and his bride, Chapen, decided on a medieval theme and asked all five of my kids to be in their wedding. I have to admit that I had no idea what to expect. I had never been to a medieval wedding and had a hard time picturing one. It turned out to be a lovely day! Alex and Chapen were sweet and seem to be a great couple. My crew spent the day looking adorable in their outfits and chatting, laughing and dancing with family and friends. We had a great time and thank Alex and Chapen for allowing us to be a part of their big day!

Here are a bunch of pictures from the day. Sorry for the picture overload, but it was such a unique and special day!



Rod's Uncle Mark and Aunt Connie proudly walking their son down the aisle.


I don't know the names of all of the bridesmaids and groomsmen, but they looked great.











(Rod's niece Taylor)










(Alex's twin brother Jarod was his Best Man)






Will was the Ring Bearer and he took his job very seriously!





Rod's niece Ana was a beautiful flower girl





Then the wedding planner lined up my quads. They were the "Butterfly Keepers." They had sticks with silk butterflies and ribbons. They were supposed to walk down the aisle waving them and calling, "Here comes the Bride! Here comes the Bride!"












They walked and kind of waved, but there was no calling (the one time these kids are quiet...) Oh well, I was very proud of all five of my kids. They were adorable and did a great job!








Then we were off to the reception!






With knights standing guard of course!





Some of the kids

(Drew, Emily(family friend), Will, Ana and Izzie)




My kids were ready to party! Shortly after dinner, the DJ began playing dance music. Will wanted to go out and dance, but Rod and I were still helping the quads finish eating and get cleaned up. We told him we would take him out in a second. Rod's sister Laura was sitting at the table next to us and her this. She said, "Come on Will. I'll go out and dance with you." They headed out to the dance floor and we continued fussing with the little guys. Suddenly, we hear cheering. I turn and see a circle has formed on the dance floor. Who do you think is in the middle? That's right. Will was out there busting some serious moves! Eventually we all joined him and everyone had a blast!




Drew




Julia




Paige dancing with her cousin Daniel




Izzie dancing with Aunt Connie





Alex and Chapen cutting their cake


The bride and groom met in class at Northern Kentucky University. Toward the end of the reception, we had a guest appearance by none other than Victor the Viking! The mascot of the NKU Norsemen. He came out to the school fight song and danced with several people before leaving. It was a fun surprise!






Victor




The girls (my boys were still off partying with the ladies)


Julia, Paige and Izzie




The getaway car!





We had so much fun attending and being a part of our first Medieval wedding. Congratulations to Alex and Chapen! We wish you two a lifetime of happiness!

5 comments:

  1. What a cool wedding! That looks like so much fun! And I know you breathed a sigh of relief when all your cutie pies made it down the aisle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has to be one of the coolest wedding themes I have ever seen...definitely a first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! The kids look great! And I love the groomsmen outfits and definitely the flower girl!

    So funny about Will in the center of the dance circle. Awesome! Sounds like a really neat day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, by the way, I learned that our preschool has quads in the 2 yr old class. There is also twins in the same class and I overheard the twin mom saying yesterday "Never again will I complain!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome theme for a wedding! I love the kids outfits! I love the part about Will dancing in the middle of the cirlce!

    ReplyDelete