Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The Festival

Once again I have fallen way behind in my blogging. I still want to include a few things we have done recently. Last weekend was our church's festival. Even though we had an unusual drop in temperatures, we went and had a great time. It was such a big-kid day for us. We went without any stroller or wagon. We just held hands and everyone did a great job of staying together. The kids went on rides and played games and ate festival food (we learned that they love funnel cake-- and one funnel cake split seven ways goes pretty fast!)

They best part of the entire day had to be Elmo. Can you believe that he came to our festival?!?! The kids were so excited when they saw him walking through the crowd. We had to stop and get a picture taken with him (Unfortunately, I hadn't brought the camera so I had to use my phone.) Drew talked about it for days. He would say, "He was big and hairy, hairy, hairy!"


Drew, Julia, Elmo, Izzie, Will & Paige


While we were all excited to see Elmo, Mommy was less excited when the kids played a game and won goldfish. Excellent. We won three, but one didn't even survive the first night. The next morning we woke up and the kids wanted to check on the fish. I asked what they wanted to name them and Izzie didn't hesitate one minute. She pointed to the fish and said, "Dad and Emilio." In case you are wondering, I do not know anyone named Emilio and can't imagine where Izzie has heard that name. It cracks me up though so here are our new fish.

Emilio and Dad


(I have no idea which is which)




We had a great time at St. Cecilia's festival!

2 comments:

  1. What fun!! I think we are going to have to go to the fall church carnival this year!! ELMO!!! OMG!! Mine would have had a ball!! To fun!

    Oh my fishes...yeah my thoughts would have been similar to yours!! Love the names! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the names! Maybe she is a closet fan of Emilio Estevez! How great that you were able to have them all out and have a fun day! Isn't that great?

    ReplyDelete