Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween 2011

This year, Halloween was a month long celebration for us. We had several events through out October all leading up to the big day. The quads are old enough to be excited for Halloween and Will is still young enough to love it, so we went ahead and kept celebrating!




First we made and decorated Halloween sugar cookies.

The kids are always excited to help with colored frosting and sprinkles! Everyone set up and ready to go

(yes, I know I have an extra child. Will's friend Zach was over that day.)


Drew working on his.


Paige


Will


Izzie


The decorating got messy enough that everyone needed a bath afterward!



Then we went and celebrated at Rod's parents' campground.
This was the kids' first time to wear their costumes this year and they were very excited!!


As soon as we got to the campground, the kids took a ride with Grandpa on his golf cart.



The three little pigs and the big, bad wolf



a tough ninja


My in-laws camp with a group of their friends and this was all of the

group's grandchildren ready to go trick-or-treating.



Cuddling with Aunt Myra after trick-or-treating

(Drew loves her I-phone!)


Then playing in the camper afterward.


We also went to a party with my multiples group.

I didn't get many pictures, but this one makes me laugh.



Izzie and Paige claimed to be afraid of the giant spider web,
but kept wanting to play with it!


Then it was time to carve a pumpkin!

Rod and Will did most of the work while the quads watched, but everyone had fun.


scooping out the guts



Will was very proud of their handy work.



Finally, the big night-- Halloween!

The crew was all ready to go!



We let the kids eat a lot of candy last night, but now I need to get this out of the house! A month of trick-or-treating times five equals a ton of candy. While I was sorting through the kids bag, I did find a really gross piece of candy- An ear. (I think it's chocolate, but I didn't investigate to find out.) It even has hair coming out and a jagged 'bloody' edge as though it had been torn off. Eeewwww!


I hope that everyone had a happy and safe Halloween!


2 comments:

  1. So much Halloween fun here!

    Do your kids love Grandpa's golf cart as much as mine love my dad's?? They love Papa Ray's golf cart!

    Three little pigs and the big bad wolf??? Oh my goodness--too cute!

    And that ear--eeewww!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That ear is disgusting! I would have thrown it away!

    Love the bathtub picture!

    And you are right - it has been a month-long celebration! It's been fun but I'm glad it's over. The calm before the December storm!

    ReplyDelete