Saturday, November 26, 2011

World's Worst Blogger

I don't know what has been going on the last couple of months. I let a couple of weeks go without posting anything on the blog. I write a post and promise to do a better job of keeping up. Then I go another two weeks without posting anything. I can't seem to keep it up.

Well, I have received a few blogger awards and seen many more floating around. I'm sure that everyone knows what I am talking about. In honor of my recent suck-y-ness in blogging, I have decided to give myself the World's Worst Blogger Award! Typically with these awards, you need to list seven things about yourself, but I think with the WWB Award, you should list seven things that have happened since you last bothered to blog.


1. Will has a girlfriend. Or at least he has begun calling Macy his girlfriend. Macy lives up the street from us and she and Will have been in the same class since preschool. Her mother told me about a year ago that Macy loves Will and tells everyone she is going to marry him. I asked Will about this at the time and he said that he doesn't have a girlfriend and they are just friends. I told him that was good. He has a long time before he needs to be thinking about girlfriends. Well, just the other day we were talking and he casually mentioned his girlfriend. I asked what he was talking about and he says, "Mom, you know Macy." Yes, I know Macy, but a girlfriend?!? I tried not to make a big deal about it (because I know that it truly means nothing right now), but my heart broke just a little bit. How can Will be talking about girlfriends? Next thing you know he'll be driving and asking to stay out late. I don't like it.

2. Rod and I went to Will's parent/teacher conference. His teacher only had wonderful things to say about him. I am so proud of the little boy Will has become. Not only is his very smart, she commented several times on how considerate and respectful he is. Does this Mommy's heart good. I know that my son is wonderful, but I really love to hear other people say so :-)

3. We went to the mall with Aunt Laura. We played in the play area, then went and had lunch. Since the kids were so good, they got to ride the carousel.


Izzie and Julia on the carousel


Then Laura bought the kids funny knit hats!

They love them and every now and then will break into the closet and get them. I should be annoyed that they're dragging stuff out of the closet, but they are so cute, I usually let it go.

4. Will has been climbing the walls.
I have found him doing this very often lately.

5. We celebrated Thanksgiving. Twice! We had Turkey Day with Rod's family last weekend, then with my family on Thanksgiving. We had a great time both days. Delicious food and it is always so nice to spend time with our families. I love how excited the kids always are to be with their grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins!

6. This weekend we began getting ready for Christmas. We got out a lot of the decorations and (most importantly) watched Elf for the first time of the season. I absolutely love that movie. We showed it to Will for the first time last year and he thought it was hilarious. This year we all watched it together and all of us enjoyed it!

7. Just tonight, we were letting the kids play after dinner. They have a container full of costume jewelry they love to play with. Drew was digging through it and found a ring. He walked over to Paige, held it out to her and said, "Will you marry me?" I have no idea how he knew how to propose, but seriously-- how cute are these kids?!?! By the way, Paige said yes and took the ring. I asked Paige, "Are you going to marry Drew?" She said yes, then Julia said, "I'm not going to marry Izzie!" These kids crack me up! I love watching and hearing their little minds attempt to figure out this funny world.


Well, there you have it. Seven things that have happened since I last posted. With most awards, this is where I would pass it on to other bloggers, but this one is all mine. I am the World's Worst Blogger. Oh the shame... I won't bother with another promise to post more often. We'll just have to wait and see.

4 comments:

  1. Well, an award is an award, right?! ;) I'm at least glad you followed the "rules" with a 7-point list. HA!

    Congrats on a great parent-teacher meeting...I know that makes your heart beam. And the costume jewelry story is priceless. :)

    Hope you're enjoying the long weekend...and maybe catching up a bit? If there is such a thing??? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can send that award over to me....I haven't blogged since the beginning of September! My laptop pooped out on me and I haven't replaced it yet so I guess I at least have a pretty good excuse. I could use pictures off my phone though, so maybe I don't have an excuse!
    I love all the stories about your kiddos! The stories about Will crack me up!
    I hope you guys had a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We'll take any and all updates! Thanks for finally taking the time to blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are making me laugh! You aren't the world's worst blogger...maybe one of the busiest, though!

    I love Elf, too, and we watched the end of it just the other day. Totally made me happy after being unhappy with Christmas lights!

    PS--Tell Will he has mad climbing skills!

    ReplyDelete