Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Saint Nicholas Day

Today is the feast day of Saint Nicholas so you know what that means-- Last night he visited and left treats for the kids!! Somehow this year I was unprepared. Really unprepared. Like running to the store after the kids were in bed last night kind of unprepared. Oh well. Everything got done and the kids had fun this morning. It may have been hectic for Mommy, but St. Nick's day was still a success!



I know that traditionally the gifts are left in shoes,


but we cheat and use the kids' stockings.




Drew showing off some of his goodies

(nice bed-head dude!)



The girls have been playing with their little bitty princesses all day.


When I was uploading these pictures I realized that I don't have a single picture of Will from this morning. He was the first one awake and had emptied his stocking before I even got the camera. After that, he had to go to school :-( He certainly was happy to come home this evening to his new toys!

2 comments:

  1. Is it really bad that I have not heard of the feast of St Nicholas??? Off to Google that because it looks like fun!

    Oh, and those matching PJs....precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to say the same thing? Hadn't heard of it? Where does this tradition come from?

    ReplyDelete