Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I'm Back

Wow. What happened? January was a pretty crummy month for us. We had a lot of illness. Thankfully nothing too serious, but even minor sickness takes a long time to makes its way through seven of us. After everyone was finally healthy, I was just in a blogging funk. I didn't feel like I had anything to post and kept putting off writing anything. Then when I finally sat down to post something, I learned that my camera and my computer are no longer speaking. I'm not sure what exactly caused the falling out, but I am not able to upload any pictures (other than cell phone pics) right now. Oh well, I'm just going to do what I can and get back to (somewhat) regular posts.
So what have we done between ear infections, bronchitis, allergies, asthma flair-ups and stomach bugs?
Will finished his basketball season. He had a great time this season and improved quite a bit. I'm so proud of how hard he works!
We hung out at home A LOT and went a little stir crazy. Here is Izzie one day when she was obsessed with giving 'thumbs up.' (yeah, the *crazy eyes* kind of scare me too!)
But hands down the saddest part of January was the very sudden and unexpected death of Rod's grandfather, Peepaw. He was the last of our grandparents and always treated me like his own granddaughter. He was such a loving man and was happy right up until his death. I feel bad just adding him to the end of a post rather than giving him his own, but frankly his death is just too sad to talk about much. We love him and miss him terribly.
This picture was actually taken the night before he died. He really enjoyed his life.
Peepaw (1923-2012)
So, hopefully I will figure out the problem with my camera and get some pictures posted and get back to blogging about our life. Even through our lousy January, these kids kept me laughing with their funny antics.
Thank God for my blessings!

4 comments:

  1. So glad to see you, Beth!

    But I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Sure looks like he lived such a full life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Happy to see you back, but completely understand how life (and blogging funks) happen.

    So sorry to hear about Peepaw :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beth!! I haven't even read it yet, I just had to comment that I am so glad that you've posted again. I wanted to say something to you about this absence but then it seemed like it had been too long, and well you know . . . But you came back YEAH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about your PeePaw. Mike's grandmother passed away around Thanksgiving and she was the last of all our grandparents too. Sad to say goodbye to an entire generation.

    Also sorry y'all have been so sick! Ugh! Hopefully you are back on track now?

    ReplyDelete