Sunday, February 19, 2012

Our Party Girls

This weekend we went to a 6th birthday party for Rod's best friend's daughter. My husband has known Shawn very nearly his entire life. They grew up on the same street, went to school together and were even roommates in college. They were each Best Man when the other got married. Shawn's family and Rod's family are super-close. Almost family. We thought that it was safe to take our children to Shawn's house. We were wrong.

The kids were all playing together down in the basement. Shawn's parents, Mike and Margie, were down there with them, so I felt safe to sneak upstairs for a minute to visit with some friends. When lunch was being served, the kids came up and, with a twinkle in his eye, Mike told the girls to show me their new glasses. The girls chimed, "Little girls should use little glasses." Then proudly held up shot glasses full of water!!


They loved drinking from the shot glasses.
(never mind that I had to fill them about 20 times during lunch!)

Izzie was so pleased with her special little glass.

Heaven help us when these girls learn what most people drink out of the 'little glasses'!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, my! Hahaha!!!

    I very clearly remember seeing those "little glasses" at my grandparents' house. I remarked something to my mom about how "cute" they were. I am not sure how old I was - maybe 4? - but I remember my mom not sharing my delight in their cuteness. HA!!! It was several years later before I realized what they were. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mean those arent't just little glasses for little people??

    My two have started asking for water in their little plastic play glasses, so I know what you mean about having to constantly fill them up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, my five year old niece found one at my parents house and thought it was the best little cup in just her size too! My sister didn't find it quite as funny as I did.

    ReplyDelete