Thursday, August 30, 2012

My Pretty Ballerinas

Next week, Drew starts his new session of gymnastics and the girls are switching to beginner tap/ballet.  We have been getting ready and purchasing their outfits.  They got their ballet slippers (and yes, they are slippers.  I called them shoes and Izzie quickly corrected me that they are *ballet slippers*!) and tap shoes from Grandma L. for their birthday.  The package showed up in the mail the other day and we had to get them out and try them on.  I tried to get a good picture of the girls, but they were too busy dancing to stand still.  I have no idea why I didn't just switch to video and record them, but I got some seriously cute pictures of my girls having a little dance party.
 
 trying on their ballet slippers first.


working on their ballerina poses



not certain what Izzie is going for here...


a final pose against the banister


then onto their tap shoes. 
 letting Mommy get a picture of them
 
 

 they tried so hard to stand still for me
 
 
 but when you are wearing tap shoes...

 you just gotta dance!
 
 



I love these girls and I love how excited they are for dance class to start!

3 comments:

  1. How exciting and completely precious! Ashley and Reagan are starting tap/ballet on Monday and I'm nervous that Ashley won't behave! But they're just so darling I hate to wait til they're any older. Good luck with all your kids and starting new activities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you are wearing dance shoes---DANCE!

    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These dancing pics are sooo cute! (I haven't popped in here for ages, so I'm having a great time catching up and seeing how your kids have grown)

    ReplyDelete