Friday, September 7, 2012

Preschool

I can still hardly believe it, but this week the quads started preschool.  How are my little babies so big?  They are going to school at a local church.  They go on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9:00-1:00.  Two days in, I think it is safe to say that they love school!  Their first day, they came home bursting with stories to tell me about their day.  They say that their teacher is very nice and they have begun making friends with other kids.  I am so relieved that things seem to be going so well :-)
 
 the kids arriving for their first day


Dropping them off was hard.  Really hard.  I knew that they were excited, but I couldn't help but worry.  What if one of them got scared while I was gone?  What if another kid was mean to one of them?  What if they just missed me?  I wanted to take their teacher aside and make sure that she understood just how special these kids are.  How much they mean to me.  Luckily, the kids made the drop off as easy as possible.  They eagerly put their name tags on and started to play.  I actually had to track one down for a goodbye hug. (and yes, if you know my children well, it is the one you're guessing... ;-))

trying to get one last picture with my crew
 
 
One more big milestone on our journey!

2 comments:

  1. This is so huge! And i am so impressed that instead of you thinking about what you're going to do with your new "me" time you are more concerned about your babies, even when all seemed fine. How great! Especially that they are happy. I remember the worst thing for a long time was dropping the kids off while they were crying and me just having to walk away because lingering only made it intensify. It never made me feel very good to be off having my time, even if I knew they would be over it in 5 minutes. I was so glad this year that my kids had NO problem going to school but I could hear some of the little ones in other classes crying that familiar cry as I walked down the hall to head out the door.

    Anyway, what a milestone for all of you! Hope they continue to enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for preschool! Such big kids you have to not be scared at all! Kaden still cries everyday when I drop him off and he cries every night when I tell him it's time to go to bed. Ugh! My other three don't seem to care at all that I am leaving them...I wish that would rub off on Kaden a little! He always quits by the time I get back in the van, but it doesn't make it any easier, and I find myself constantly worrying while they are gone. I have to admit that now that we are a couple of weeks in, I am starting to enjoy my alone time a little more! The first couple of weeks I wasn't able to sit and relax at all because I missed them so much!
    Also, Happy Birthday to your FOURsome! Sorry I missed the actual day!

    ReplyDelete