Tuesday, October 16, 2012

King's Island 2012

A couple of weeks ago, Rod's company spent the day at King's Island.  We took the kids and had a great time!  The quads are really getting to the age where they can enjoy the rides and attractions.  Will is getting so big-- he actually rode some big rides outside of the kiddie-land!  We had so much fun that Rod and I have actually talked about possibly getting season passes next year.
 
 
When we first got there, we met up with Rod's family to watch a Halloween-themed musical show.  I wasn't sure what the kids would think, but they really enjoyed it and sat still, watching the entire show.
 Izzie sat with Aunt Connie and Uncle Mark


Heaven help me.  My little ladies man Drew mostly like the back-up dancers.  He was in my lap and several times during the show, he pointed to one of the dancers and said, "That one's my favorite."  Yeah, in about 10 years, I'll be searching for a monastery...
 Drew with two of the dancers (the one on his left was 'his favorite')


Here is some proof of just how big my kids are--
 The quads went on their first roller coaster!

Yes, it was a small kid's coaster, but they rode it and loved it!
 They were even brave and put their hands up!


The quads hanging out with Aunt Connie
(Will and Rod went to ride some bigger rides)


Then we went and got lunch.  After lunch--  Face Painting!  The kids saw several kids with their faces painted and wanted to get theirs done.  After waiting in line for a million years, I even got talked into getting mine done.  Sadly, Will didn't want his done :-(
 Drew, Izzie, Paige, Julia and Mommy



Everyone got together for one last ride


While I often feel a bit sad and sentimental watching my little babies grow into big kids, days like this one are reminders of how much fun we get to have with our big kids!

3 comments:

  1. What fun! How wonderful that you are getting to enjoy all these little things finally with your kiddos. Love the 2nd roller coaster picture - you look like you're having a blast!

    And yes, I'd watch out for that little one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know we have said this before, but our Drews are so similar! haha

    We love theme parks and it's been cool watching Em and Drew get big enough to really notice and enjoy the shows and rides. Like you, when I get sad about how big they are becoming, I stop myself and remember how fun they are and how even in the middle of a park, they are learning and making memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a lot of fun!! My kids have never gotten their faces painted. For whatever reason they're afraid the paint won't wash off. Even when they were little they wouldn't let me have it done.

    ReplyDelete